Mighty No. 9 Gets Release Date
Comcept have today announced via the US PlayStation blog that Mighty No. 9 will be launching on the PS4, PS3 and PS Vita on September 15th in the US and September 19th in Europe. They also announced a partnership with Deep Silver to increase the reach of the title. Deep Silver will be publishing a retail version of the title on PlayStation 4. It had been previously expected to be a download only title.
Mighty No. 9 is the brainchild of Megaman creator Kenji Inafune, the title got its start from a successful Kickstarter last year. Capcom have been hesitant to release a Megaman game in recent years and this seems to be Inafune’s answer to that. Here are some of the features of the title:
- Play through 12 Unique and Challenging Stages in a single player campaign.
- Unlock the New Game+ to add an additional two extra difficulty levels including a punishing Turbo mode.
- The Single Player Challenge mode with dozens of mini missions for the hardest of challenges.
- Boss Rush Mode: Play through each of the game‘s bosses, back to back, with a clock ticking to keep track of your best time.
- Show the world how Mighty you are in the 2 Player Online Race Battle where you compete online, racing through each stage together in a head to head battle – adding an all new twist on versus mode play that will give Mighty No. 9 life well beyond the single-player campaign.
- 2 Player Online Co-Op Challenge Mode: take on over a dozen missions online with a friend, playing as Beck and his partner, Call! Use Beck and Call’s different powers together in order to defeat these special challenges.
- Toggle between regular and 8-bit music: this game is a veritable who’s who of veteran game composers – Manami Matsumae, Takeshi Tateishi, Ippo Yamada. As such, Mighty No. 9 features an optional chiptune version of the entire game soundtrack which you can toggle on and off.
- Brand new Ray DLC which features a new stage with its own unique boss as well as a brand new unlockable playable character.
While not mentioned in the blog post as it is a Sony only blog, it is incredibly likely that the title will be releasing on other platforms in the same timeframe. The title will cost €19.99 digitally and €29.99 at retail. The retail version will also contain DLC and extras.